Ilkeston, Derbyshire Famous ResidentsCringing Cult of Celebrity (Famous residents and ex-residents
* Mathew Lister. He has made it all the way to sunny sydney Australia. Only time will tell before the Australian govenment catches up with the barstard.
* Mad Alan, he's the man. We've all been lonly since Kim Tramp left... Daniel GurlinG! Whenever I see him and his scouse mate "dez" i can't help but chuckle.
* Ilkeston's No.2 son - "Rocket" Ron Haslem, motorcycle world champion. Was Ilkeston's No.1 son until stopped for riding up and down Bath Street with no licence and no insurance. Allegedly.
* William Roach (Ken Barlow) was raised here, or to be more precise Cossal a village about two miles away. He is quite proud of his roots.
* Robert Lindsay
* Ben Roberts (from the Bill). Buskers, Street Entertainers
* Mad Allan, what a character....nice to see his name in lights. An amusing character for many folk in Ilkeston. Id like to say thanks to him for coining such famous catchphrases like "WHAT YOU DOIN!?" "WHATS YOUR NAME!?" "Y' NOT!" "D'Y WANT Y CAR WASHIN?". Where would ilkeston be without such a local hero.
* Irish guy with banjo, maybe 'Mad Alan' can be included in this category too, he makes me laugh anyway!